Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fishing pwns twinking! Can't believe I just said that...



I don’t know why I did it but I started fishing. Admittedly, I began fishing without much faith that I would continue with it.

Although I have Wrath (and have had it since the midnight launch) my severe Alt-it is basically relegates me to Azeroth! So, in order to have some fun with some of the content I have paid for, I bought a portal to Dalaran to continue my fishing there.

Within I would say about 8 casts in the sewers I had landed a huge rodent Giant Sewer Rat Wow, was I surprised! I was just sitting there catching useless crap when BAM! Rodent in my face!!! Needless to say, this catch instantly made fishing seem much more fun to me.

Within a few dozen more casts/WSG games I had decided I wanted to level my fishing up. And hopefully in the process loot myself a certain Sea Turtle. I guess I had also gotten a bit tired of the time it took for some WSG games to finish!

El’s Extreme Anglin'(http://www.elsanglin.com/), the most awesome WoW fishing guide ever, had some tips for low level toons attempting to get the turtle mount. Under El’s instruction, I made my way (as a level 19) from Dalaran to Moa’ki Harbor in Dragonblight, and then to Unu’pe in Borean Tundra. Once I had those Flight Paths I was able to go fishing out on the coast of Borean Tundra with relative ease. It was only the run from north to south in Dragonblight that was hard for my level. In the end, a helpful level 80 with a Travelling Tundra Mount took me the rest of the way to Moa’ki. However, even on the mount I was aggroed and died twice.

I am now fishing for a small while almost every time I log on Ethelwulf. I am enjoying it quite a lot.

*PS, I know my screenshots have been pretty poor but I took all these new ones last night in anticipation for catching my blog up tonight. In the future I will be more vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment