Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Post, I.E. Blog Explanation


Hey everybody. As you can see this is my first entry for this blog. I guess I should explain my purpose for creating this blog.

I have played World of Warcraft for close to two years now. Since then I have had some extremely fun times.

However, in that time I have really not done much at all. I have never raided. The toughest instance I have done is the Mechanar. I do not have a level 80 as of yet (though I am working on it). I have never achieved anything of note in PvP (although I do enjoy a good BG). And this is not due to a lack of time in which to play. I just came out of three months of university holidays. I had ample time to do those things if I wished.

However, just before University started I became extremely frustrated with the amount of time I was spending playing WoW. So I quit. I had played too much and I felt it was taking over my life. I had full intentions to never come back to the game. However, despite having no strong guild ties, or a populated friends list (I was on a new server though), nor any real desire to do anything in-game, my resolve crumbled and I was soon back playing my Death Knight.

Now that I am back playing the game, I feel a desire to log my activities in WoW as well as every so often document my thoughts on any WoW-related topics. I am trying to identify what it is that drew me, despite my intentions or expectations, back into the game (and not for the first time). I hope that this blog is of interest to other extremely casual WoW players in particular. We see the World of Warcraft from a very different view-point than most. However, I also hope that by blogging about the less serious or less ‘hardcore’ side of WoW, I can hold the interest of players who are looking for reflections on a different aspect of their game.

No comments:

Post a Comment